RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finding\Starting a new field
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finding\Starting a new field

ORIGINAL: bigugly

Yes it is the grumpy old guys but not all of them. (55+)

My theory on why they are the way they are is, I think they are jealous of anyone who is capable of making turns in both directions and landing a plane with out bouncing ten times and ripping the gear out. Amongst other things but I think it boils down to that. Its very sad and other wise ruining a otherwise beautiful place to fly.

I personally hate to let them win by flying elsewhere, but its getting real old. They can have their ''cub country club''

I like to fly all sorts of ways and styles. I have seen both sides of this fence though. I remember some guys flying circuits (I was flying circuits just out of respect for those guys) and one guy was flying his heli and wipped accross the runway and almost caused some major crapola! I had already landed my plane because I was already aware of this issue with the heli guy. I have seen him do some strange things before and when he cranks up I land my aircraft.

Needless to state, this event did upset some of the guys flying their circuits and I could see why it did. I guess it begs the question, why we cannot all get along It is one thing to abrupt the standard flying pattern and not be respectful of others flying styles. If 3 or 4 planes are flying and no one is doing 3D, then it is sort of distasteful to jump up in the flight pattern and start 3D flying [X(]

I wish you good fortune finding a field to fly at, land to rent, etc. Keep pressing until you find something. I was fortunate this past year to find another club to join which only has about ten guys that don't fly all that much. I sort of feel alone there, but WOW can I spend some time flying now! Instead of staying all day to get in 10 or 12 flights, I can fly all I want load my car and go home in a third of the time