RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club 40 Rules Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Club 40 Rules Enforcement

If it requires any sort of tear down of engines we will have to develop the guidelines for that and provide specific engine details for each engine that could be utilized at our events. They all have slightly different bores and strokes as well as dimensions and we would need that data readily available at the race if we are going to use that as a guide. We will also have to provide measurement tools such as micrometers or some sort of gauging tool to validate motor specifications.
This is the very reason we have the one engine one prop rule in our area. It's pretty easy to hear the difference on the starting line and in the air when someone is running a little too sweet. When there are a bunch of engine prop combos running it's anyones guess.
My other reason for limiting various engines is that the guy who wants to buy a pos cheaper engine (not naming a brand but rymes with GMS) I'm of the opinion they are more easily seduced to mod the engine to keep up with a decent one.

At my races I have a surface plate, mics, indicators, etc in case someone protests.
You guys make some really good points about the tech being consistant too. Keep up the good work.