RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF BUILDERS ONLY....PLEASE!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ARF BUILDERS ONLY....PLEASE!

ORIGINAL: captainron

Ok you kit bashing ARF builders.........Let's see whatch ya got! This'll be fun.........Please, just friendly banter here.......I'm not looking for arguments about the difference between builders and ARF completers......or assemble'ers.........

Let's just have some fun and show our talents.........I want to see a pic of the original ARF......THEN, your own version in it's completed stage. Also, a brief paragraph about your mods, additions, changes or what ever you did to make it your own Warbird.

Let's keep it light hearted and fun. If you want to show a pic of your family and the dog, I'm ok with that, just so you show a pic of the ARF that you completed yourself with no outside help.......

I'll start it off.............This is the one of the newest and easiest to bash, the Top Flite P-47 bubble version Mighty Thunderbolt. All I did was uncover the front from about the back of the cockpit area and recovered with aluminum Monokote. Went with the Yellow Aircraft Canopy and Frame for some more realism. The one supplied with the kit is rather small if you look at the real bird. This just helps in making the Jug look a little more scale. The pilot is an ACES OF IRON with the lower half of a Barbie doll added also for realism in the cockpit. Some Primer flat black on the top of the fuse and rear of the canopy. Painted the rear of the cowl just to get rid of the rest of the stars. I think she came out ok...........I anxious to fly her. She came in at 23lbs, had to add 5 1/2 ounces to the tail to counter the heavy 4.2 Brison we went with for power. The big 4 blade prop is simply for static, something I made up myself. The weathering is some light work with an airbrush and scotchbrite pads.

RCU IS MY FACEBOOK..........................CAPTAIN RON
You bashed the best part of the whole plane. I guess your not from the "Tar Heel State" so you wold'nt understand... It is a nice job though.