RCU Forums - View Single Post - Poland?
Thread: Poland?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 11:31 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The snap roll has been discussed at length this season.

5B.4.3.5. SNAP-ROLLS
A snap-roll is a rapid autorotative roll where the model aircraft is in a stalled attitude.
Snap-rolls have the same judging criteria as axial rolls as far as start and stop of the rotation and constant flight
path through the manoeuvre.
Since the model aircraft is in a stalled condition throughout the manoeuvre, the attitude and flight path must
show a definite break before the rotation is started.
If the stall does not occur and the model aircraft barrel-rolls
around, the manoeuvre is zeroed.
Snap-rolls can be flown both positive and negative. The same criteria apply. If the model aircraft returns to an
unstalled condition during the snap, it is severely downgraded.

The type of critical judging is not taking place in national or regional contests...probably a disservice to the pilots rather than a good to have gimme'. The extraordinarly rapid roll accelerated with rudder (hmm, reminiscent of IMAC and TOC flying) is no longer going to constitute a "stalled condition" and it never should have. Full size pilots have battled about high scores going to what really amounted to dirty rolls and would have more properly deserved to be zeroed. Without the stalled condition, the perfect exit upon heading amounts to squat.

I guess it is better now to sacrifice a little in heading and exit altitude than to speed throgh the dirty roll looking pretty with a big goose egg to show for it.

It seems correct. if Christophe even took a 3 or 4 on the snap..4/8 he would have a siginficant margin of lead at this time.

This is all very exciting for me. Go Christophe.

Mark