Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Poland?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 11:39 AM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poland?

I wanted to start this thread about the WC since I can't be there to watch. Anybody have any new information? I know that Jason is planning to fly an electric this year. Did Chip take the DV? Are all the guys there with their planes intact? Anything else of interest?

Ken
Old 08-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Poland?

Last I heard.. the US Team was flying a bipe (chip), an electric (jason), and an arf (sean)..

What airplane is Sean flying? Is he not flying his Millenium design? It doesn't appear that any competition flying actually starts until the 10th regardless.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

Default Hey Ken,

here is a link pulled out of another thread. so far it is the only one that looks likely to post official scores. Im sure that once they get going (Aug 8th?) that many in this forum will respond with happenings and results. Im just waitin like the rest...

http://www.aeroklubpolski.pl/modela...23ms/wyniki.htm

Hubb
Old 08-06-2003, 04:40 PM
robert

Default Poland?

Go Ireland.........
Old 08-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Aladdin

Default Poland?

Hi Ken,
this is the official webpage:

http://www.aeroklubpolski.pl/modelar...3a03/index.htm

Bye
Marco
Old 08-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Plprod!

Plprod is posting information live from the Worlds ("Les Championnats du monde en live "). The direct link is http://perso.wanadoo.fr/plprod/pologne.htm
Old 08-07-2003, 02:21 AM
GW-inactive
My Feedback: (4)

Default Poland?

Google translated version

link:
http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
Old 08-07-2003, 04:46 AM
radray

Default Poland?

Radio South has some nice day to day comments primarily about the USA team at the following link:
http://www.radiosouthrc.com/F3A%20World%20Champs.htm
Old 08-07-2003, 07:05 PM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WHat aer Jason and Sean flying

I know that Chip is flying his OK models DoubleVision from Japan, but who made the electric for Jason and what ARF is Sean flying.

I read that Jasons batteries were $700.00 a pop. This does not yet sound like a market smasher, but the performance sound to be going in the right direction. $700.00 for a battery!!! Awesome!!! My ex might have like a set of those...er...excuse me.

Mark
Old 08-07-2003, 07:18 PM
gwright

Default Poland?

Jason's flying Rhapsody's from Lorenz www.f3alorenz.de
Old 08-07-2003, 07:34 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Default Good one

Hey Mark for $700 they could probably keep a Jackhammer working. Who needs you?
Old 08-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Default Re: WHat aer Jason and Sean flying

Originally posted by MarkNovack

I read that Jasons batteries were $700.00 a pop. This does not yet sound like a market smasher, but the performance sound to be going in the right direction. $700.00 for a battery!!!
The power system is comparable in price to a YS 1.40DZ actually when you include header & pipe. Maybe a little bit more..

Now add the total costs of fuel to feed a DZ for a year. Add the peace of mind knowing the motor will ALWAYS work, will never have a lean run. Add PERFECTLY linear power delivery.

The only critical part at this point is building the airframe to the 5Kg limit.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:03 PM
GW-inactive

Default Poland?

Doug, Whats the weight of the Motor,Packs,controller?
Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 PM
steph280
My Feedback: (5)

Default Poland?

I think Jason is running the Thunder Power "Dynamic Power" 5s4p 8200mah packs. Each pack weight in at 29oz, costs $375 each, and two are used in the Rhapsody.
http://espritmodel.com/accesories_batteries.html#LiPol

Controller is either a Hacker 70-3POPTO or 77-3P-OPTO, 1.45 and 1.5oz respectively.
http://www.hackerbrushless.com/controllers.shtml

Motor is a Hacker C50-XL Acro, 529g according to this web site.
http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...hm-C50ACRO.htm

Stephen
Old 08-07-2003, 11:25 PM
GW-inactive

Default Poland?

thanks stephen

no wonder Jasons plane was pushing the weight limit. 29 ozpacks x 2 packs
Old 08-08-2003, 12:03 AM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Default Poland?

Last I heard they had actually removed some batteries from the Rhapsody, and it was weighing 10.25 pounds.

If the power and longevity is there, you're looking at the future of pattern.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:29 AM
radray

Default Poland?

I am really looking forward to how Jason does and what may be a glimse of the future direction of precision aerobatics. I would love to have a competitive electric F3A plane that could fly 20-30 minutes. The application of new technology may bring some new excitement and interest to precision aerobatics.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:59 AM
PeterP

Default Poland?

The electric euphoria is bringing some interesting arguments forward but as far as I am concerned the sound of a great running 4 stroke on a crisp winters morning sounds superb.

I hear the electric is almost silent in the air. I don't know if that is for me. It would be like going to a formula 1 race without noise. It just wouldn't be the same (IMHO).
Old 08-08-2003, 01:24 AM
kobago

Default Poland?

Hi all,
My RC club is worrying about the complaint from the local inhabitant with the noise problem. Therefore, an engine airplane is prohibition of flight before 10:00AM with the local rule. Such a limitation will be stopped if it is an electric motor airplane. It seems to be a dream to fly in the cool early morning time.
kobago.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:52 AM
steph280
My Feedback: (5)

Default Poland?

They are not completely silent, at least the ones I've seen. There is a turbine like sound, possibly from the gearbox or the prop. It sounds more like a jet than a prop plane. But is not noisy enough to cause any noise pollution.

Kobago, I know exactly what you mean. Where I live (Orange County California) there are only two field that allows for glow models, both requires hundreds of dollars of membership dues. So most (including me) have begun converting our fleet to electric power. Right now I am down to two glow planes left, while all my helicopters are electric.

I doubt electric will ever replace gas/glow power. There is a place for each. But I do see more people looking into electric as alternative power in the near future. Soon you will see as many electric planes as glow ones at the local field.

Stephen
Old 08-08-2003, 04:56 PM
RcNorth

Default Poland?

I've been with the US team for the last couple of days while they are practicing.

Chip is flying the Double Vision with a YS DZ160. Sean is flying his millenium with a YS 140L, and Jason is flying the Rapsody with an electric.

The electric is amazing to see fly, on the ground it is aproaching the sound limit due to the gear box, but in the air you can barely hear it.

The power is unbelievable, from take off he rolls inverted then pushes to the sun. He can climb till is becoming a speck, do some snaps, then keep climbing.

After close to a 15 minute flight, he still has more than enough power left.

I think that I'm one of the lucky ones to see the next big change in pattern. Probably comparable to the intruction of turn around.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:03 PM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

Default Poland?

RCNorth,

Hopefully you can continue to post as the competition begins. Too cool. Wish that I had more vacation this year! How does the DV look? I'm sure in the hands of Chip it is smooth. Any comments on its performance? No doubt that Jason is leading the way with his e-pattern. It seems strange that the plane is close to the sound limit on the ground but whisper quiet in the air. What does this say about the sound limit regulation?

Ken
Old 08-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Default Poland?

Originally posted by TonyF
Last I heard they had actually removed some batteries from the Rhapsody, and it was weighing 10.25 pounds.

If the power and longevity is there, you're looking at the future of pattern.
I agree 100% Tony. Quiet, reliable, consistent.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Team Finland

Default Poland?

Greetings from Poland. We (three guys from Team Finland) are just sitting on the beer tent beside fligh line A in Deblin. One of the Polish pilots is just flying training flights for the judges.

Some news from the Championships:
-CPLR is not flying his biplane but the old Synergy. He said that the bipe is not ready yet. Chip, Seba and Onda are flying bipes.
-Jason's electric Rhapsody is going strong but may have problems in strong winds.
-Today during the official practice two of the British planes were destroyed. Keith Jackson's Angels's Shadow's wing disintegrated in the air during a four-point roll. Also one Smaragd-Z was destroyed apparently due to radio failure.
-Denmarks Morten Laugesen is in a hospital having his leg stiched. He was running his OS140 in the ground and the plane was slippery from rain. Hand slipped and the prop hit his knee...

Weather has been fine so far but today it is raining a bit. We're off to the opening seremony, some more reports later...

Some pictures can be found at:
http://www.hut.fi/~jkarppin/f3a/Images/wc2003/

Regards, F3A Team Finland:
Competitor Erkko Saviaro
Team Manager Raimo Ruokonen
Helper Kimmo Kaukoranta
Old 08-09-2003, 02:19 PM
AdrianM

Default Poland?

From The Radio South Site:

Saw Quique Somenzini at dinner tonight. Seems he lost all his luggage AND models! Marcello Colombo also had a similar story to tell. I hope they find the models....
Does anyone know if they got their planes? I was looking forward to seeing how Marcello would do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.