RCU Forums - View Single Post - You'll get a kick out of this! :)
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: You'll get a kick out of this! :)

ORIGINAL: TCHedOff

The club's pond is south on Hwy 77 past the MOA @ 3 mi til you get to Hwy 13. Go East (to the left - tho you'll have to get in the right lane to catch the loop). Go the the 1st stop light. TL. Follow road til it comes to a ''T''; TR and after you cross the RR tracks go about 50 yds and you'll find a fenced in pond. That is Nichol's pond and where we hold most races. We also race at a place in New Richmond called Rick's Hobby Farm; and do 1 race a yr at the Isanti County Fair. I love the particular event!!

Our club website is tcmbc.org and you can find directions, race schedule etc on there. We have about 25 or so club members but maybe 10-15 show up at any given race. Hope to meet you some time!

todd
I remember years ago seeing boats running down there but I hadn't seen any in awhile... You guys open to a hydro airboat class? lol. I'll have to come check the races out someday. I'll check the website. I've got a few other ponds I run my airboat at, but now with the hydro I'll need a bigger area to run thats as weed-free as possible.

Motivation to build yet another boat.. (my wife is starting to give me crap about how much time I spend working on my models.. )