RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Cub LP wont balance
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 AM
wopachop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Cub LP wont balance

Bought this super cub lp used on ebay. Its in immaculate condition the previous owner says it flied perfect for him and he never even balanced it. He flies it upside down and everything.

My buddy tried to fly it and says its waaaay too tail heavy. He owns a cub himself and is extremely experienced with RC.

So ive been reading up on balancing planes. Ive got 80 grams sitting on the nose and the plane is still tail heavy.

I must be doing something wrong here.

Made my marks 2.25 inches back from leading edge of wing. But i have the plane sitting about 2.5inches back because its still so tail heavy.

Battery is installed and as far forward as possible.

Here is the ebay add from the previous owner incase that helps with mods and weight distribution:

This is a Hobbyzone Super Cub Lp, with lots of awesome customizations and modifications. The whole thing is wrapped with packaging tap to make it very strong. The wing holder has a piece of small wood to make it stronger. The battery box has been customized to take a larger E-Flite 2100 mah battery for longer flights and has been reinforced with wood also. The rear tail wheel is upgraded along with the front landing gear, which is custom laser cut aluminum. For a little more power a 10x8 prop. This is a great beginner plane and good for the pros as well. It flies great and is in perfect shape. It is a channel 4 of 6. Includes the plane, remote, charger, battery, bomb drop module (that has been modified to hold an egg), an extra motor, lots of different sized props, and a lot of misc parts. This plane has never been crashed, and is in perfect condition.

Love to hear advice. Had the plane 2 weeks and still have yet to fly the sucker im goin nuts here!!!!