RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eclipse 7 trouble with 2.4 module
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipse 7 trouble with 2.4 module

ORIGINAL: TravelairR I had the 2.4 module on my Optic 6 transmitter and have put the same module on my Eclipse 7 transmitter but it will not let me bind to the receivers on the Eclipse, when I push the bind button on the module the light does not start flashing. If I put the module back onto the Optic 6 it works correctly but when I put it back onto the Eclipse 7 nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for this problem
AFHSS - ID-Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Testing Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver. extract:
"2b. For other TX with Spectra 2.4Ghz Module - after installing the module on the transmitter, press and hold the button on the module, turn on the transmitter, then release the button. TX must be in PPM mode, will not bind if TX left in QPCM/PCM mode. Red LED will flash while it is searching for a receiver."

1. Eclipse set to "PPM" mode.
2. Eclipse set specifically to "N" for negative shift does not apply with the Spectra 2.4Ghz module. However, good practice to follow Eclipse/Optic manuals in that all shift select TX regardless of frequency, are to be set on "SFT.N" i.e. 35 Mhz, 36 Mhz, 40 Mhz & 41 Mhz except when used with JR or Sanwa(Airtronics) PPM RX operating on 72Mhz and 75 Mhz. Reference in need, "Transmit Shift SFT.N SFT.P" Eclipse manual page 11 download manual .pdf .
3. TX Battery not flat, charged above say 9.9v?
4. If above are correct, then there is a chance one of the TX to module pins has a dry/loose joint - check the pin outs.

In need, the Spectra 2.4Ghz module can be linked (aka "bound") to an Optima Transceiver using the Optic 6 and then transferred to another transmitter without the need for re-linking to same Optima. The link remains within that one TX module.
Aurora A9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9. refer "Hints .1".

see also the Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora A9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)