Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 trouble with 2.4 module

Old 02-12-2011, 11:01 AM
TravelairR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 trouble with 2.4 module

I had the 2.4 module on my Optic 6 transmitter and have put the same module on my Eclipse 7 transmitter but it will not let me bind to the receivers on the Eclipse, when I push the bind button on the module the light does not start flashing. If I put the module back onto the Optic 6 it works correctly but when I put it back onto the Eclipse 7 nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for this problem
Old 02-12-2011, 11:20 AM
skypupmut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipse 7 trouble with 2.4 module

it works perfectly with my eclipse
make sure your radio is not in PCM mode

regards Jean
Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
TravelairR

I will check that out, thank you. I'll let you know if that was the problem
Old 02-12-2011, 12:19 PM
TravelairR

Nope, that wasn't the answer, trans is in PPM. If I put the module back into the Optic 6 it works fine, it just won't work in the Eclipse 7. I'm wondering if once it was used in the Optic 6 it was tied to it and won't work in another transmitter?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:58 PM
JIMF14D

I have the module on a 10 year old Eclipse as a back up for my Aurora 9 and it works fine.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
TravelairR

That's good to hear but it doesn't help my situation
Old 02-12-2011, 03:20 PM
skypupmut

MikeMayberry could have a suggestion for you he is the man
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: TravelairR I had the 2.4 module on my Optic 6 transmitter and have put the same module on my Eclipse 7 transmitter but it will not let me bind to the receivers on the Eclipse, when I push the bind button on the module the light does not start flashing. If I put the module back onto the Optic 6 it works correctly but when I put it back onto the Eclipse 7 nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for this problem
AFHSS - ID-Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Testing Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Receiver. extract:
"2b. For other TX with Spectra 2.4Ghz Module - after installing the module on the transmitter, press and hold the button on the module, turn on the transmitter, then release the button. TX must be in PPM mode, will not bind if TX left in QPCM/PCM mode. Red LED will flash while it is searching for a receiver."

1. Eclipse set to "PPM" mode.
2. Eclipse set specifically to "N" for negative shift does not apply with the Spectra 2.4Ghz module. However, good practice to follow Eclipse/Optic manuals in that all shift select TX regardless of frequency, are to be set on "SFT.N" i.e. 35 Mhz, 36 Mhz, 40 Mhz & 41 Mhz except when used with JR or Sanwa(Airtronics) PPM RX operating on 72Mhz and 75 Mhz. Reference in need, "Transmit Shift SFT.N SFT.P" Eclipse manual page 11 download manual .pdf .
3. TX Battery not flat, charged above say 9.9v?
4. If above are correct, then there is a chance one of the TX to module pins has a dry/loose joint - check the pin outs.

In need, the Spectra 2.4Ghz module can be linked (aka "bound") to an Optima Transceiver using the Optic 6 and then transferred to another transmitter without the need for re-linking to same Optima. The link remains within that one TX module.
Aurora A9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9. refer "Hints .1".

see also the Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora A9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM
TravelairR

do you have an e-mail address for him?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:48 PM
TravelairR

Thank you, I assumed the pins were soldered in place but I will check them for anything loose, the battery is charged and the trans is set to PPM. When the transmitter is turned on the light goes red, the blue light flashes momentarily and the red light stays solid even with the button pushed.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:57 PM
TravelairR

I believe something is loose in the Eclipse 7 transmitter, if I pull the module partially out the red and blue lights start flashing rapidly but if I push the module in all the way the red light goes solid and the bind button doesn't affect it, the problem seems to be in the transmitter