RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Cub LP wont balance
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
wopachop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Cub LP wont balance

Cool video man thank you for that!!!!

Well today i officially flew my first RC plane. That was fun im 32 been wanting to try this since i was a kid. I got home and there was about an hour of sunlight left. So i started throwing weight on the Cub. You guys are prolly gonna laugh when you see the pics.

I went into garage and tipped over the old ass coffee can of nuts and bolts. Again dont laugh...but i attached two big metal nuts to the motor. The elasticity of electrical tape sorta squeezes them on there. Motor is offset so i put the heavier nut on the long side. Then a big rusted washer i taped to the bottom nose of the cub. Its prolly blocking air flow but again screw it i needed to fly. Finally i used 4 quarters on the windshield.

Cub is now slightly nose heavy at 2.25"....and also gained Oprah weight

The two nuts are 30 grams a piece, 4 quarters about 22 grams, not sure about the washer but its big.

Am i gonna burn up the motor with all that weight? I agree the battery must be the culprit. Surprised previous owner could fly it so well. Its a 2100mah 3 cell lipo Wheelnut.

I took pics of the weights for your viewing pleasure. Will try to attach them i had trouble before. Should be 3 pics. Enjoy!!

Oh yeah...the landing gear wire deal is in the way. Cant move battery any more forward. I try searching for super cub with 2100 battery but only found one and it was not helpful. Gotta think its a common mod. Maybe not...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13410.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1562620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24575.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1562621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53534.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	8.2 KB