Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Horizon stops all sales ON JR RADIOS

ORIGINAL: FLAPHappy
ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan
So Horizon has stopped all its sales of Radio's
They are switching to DSMX
False.
Horizon has not stopped any sales of JR Radios. DSMX is an Upgrade from DSM2. That is all it is. DSM2 Xtmtr's , function, as always.
They upgraded to DMSX, only for the purpose of a large capicity crowd of 100 piolots or more on 2.4. All RX's and TX's are compatible with DMSX. Ie: JR 921DSM2 and below RX's. Then ya switch only if ya fly with 100 people, simple.
JR will not advance and a produce a product ,that will outdate a previous product, just an upgrade if needed.
If ya fly at a field with 100 planes at the field, I feel sorry for ya.
Haven't read all the pages here but that above satisfies me. I went over to Larry's Hobby, TX State 1960 and IH 45, North Houston area and he had just received a load of new Spectrum (JR) 8 channels with this new DSMX stuff done. Also had a number of new receivers same as one in the box with the transmitter.

I picked myself up one along with an extra receiver. Now let's see: DSM2 means TWO and I suppose DSMX means DSM ANYTHING!!!

One funny thing that I did not know about (probably 1 of many) [X(] is that the Transmitter consists of 4 NMH batteries of 2000 mah, with a built-in charger. The wall plug in comes with several adapters for various sockets. I have not inspected it very much as of now, but it is a bigger transmitter than my Spectrum 7. It's kind of ugly, but I will get used to it I suppose. After all if it has to look at me, I can't expect "pretty" either!