RCU Forums - View Single Post - Matching servos using the Tx
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Matching servos using the Tx

ORIGINAL: Robert_Ellis

If I then up the throw in D/R & EXP I assume they will still be matched?
I've been "bitten" when I "assume" way too many times in my life so I try to avoid making assumptions and you should as well in this case....

I don't have an 11X either, but word has it that the aileron setup options are the same as my 12X so I'll mention the aileron "balance" function. I've not had to use it since I run Hitec servos and program them so they match up really close anyway. But for situations like yours, the 12X has a balance function specifically designed to match the servos throughout their travels without binding. Essentiall what happens is that there is a master servo on each wing and the second servo is "slaved" to the master with a 7 point curve being able to be used to eliminate binding with the primary.

Check your manual and look for the balance function, if it isn't there then it's not available on the 11X but I've been led to believe it is part of the 11X programming. If it isn't there, you're 'gonna have to match your servos the old fashioned way which is to set 'em up on the bench and look for two which match each other as close as possible for each wing. If there are different end points set in the travels, it will most likely cause an issue with the percentages set for control deflections with the Flight Modes as well as mid travel range binding between the servos. How much can be determined with inline meters used on each pair of servos during setup, it may be minor or something you need to resolve.

JMHO.... [8D]