RCU Forums - View Single Post - Matching servos using the Tx
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 AM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Matching servos using the Tx

ORIGINAL: Robert_Ellis

OK I did a little more research in the manual. Here's the scoop.

Yes on CompArfs the hinge line is the wing top skin. And yes the horn hole is over the hinge line and the same distance to the top skin. Because the wing is thinner at the tips, the outside horn sticks out more from the bottom skin. But the distance to the hinge line (top skin) is matched.

One set of servos matches nearly perfectly, the other 2 do not. So I might as well program them both.

On the 11x, there is a WING TYPE of 4-AILERON 2-left and 2-right so this is what I can going to try, it says you can adjust travel on each servo to match.

Gonna give it a try tonight.

Thanks for the input.

The hinge line is not the top of the skin, it is the center of the hinge. I don't have my camera right now since the wife has it on a trip with her, so I cannot take a picture to show you what I mean.
But again I will try to explain. The distance from hinge (which should be imbedded in the middle of the wing, not the wing skin) to the center of the ball link should be the same on both servos. So the distance from the
outboard wing skin to the center of the ball link will be greater since the wing thickness is less at that point. By setting up the horn in this manner the inboard and outboard servo arm will rotatioinally travvel the same distance
from neutral to full throw.