RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth
Old 02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

ORIGINAL: jjpetro

Cees,
Correct, Lance made the 1/32 mod not only to the fuse tail section but to the front of the fuse. I took his design, re-drew it, and changed a few other things but kept that part of his design. Lance also incorporated a false leading edge/leading edge combo on the wing instead of the original ''super formed'' balsa leading edge. I kept that design, too.

For those who knew Lance, he and I had spent quite a few hours on the phone during the ''transfer of business'' and shortly thereafter. He had told me he was burned out, as he alluded to in his post. At the time we were talking he wanted to restore an old Datsun 240 Z he had sitting in his garage. I spoke to him about 6-8 months ago, he seems to be doing well.

Cees, though Duane and I know each other fairly well I'm not sure he knew the history of my small business when he wrote that I made the changes. I would assume, that he assumed, I came up with the current design I employ.

On a different topic: did you ever get your Orion repaired? I do not recall anything about it after the fence post pictures.

The weekend is upon us!! I hope everyone enjoys a nice flying weekend!!

Jeff,
Do you understand now why I did write:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10360130
Do you know you are the second kit cutter involved with the Ed Kazmirskiā€˜s Taurus thread, the first one never did show up to prove his claim!

You the mods, I the rubbish!!

I collect all these facts.
I will write a response for the second part of post 880 that will be a funny one!!

Cees