RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

Jeff, to complete my reply,
Do you know this phrase of you and about rights to duplicate a model airplane?

Well, just to keep everyone happy, I'll probably rename the kit and reference the "heritage" of the Taurus. There are enough interior structural and materials differences to warrant a name change.

Because I see you do change the names of planes after you copy these it are the reasons not to cooperate in a process for example of the Simla. Using the original pictures in your webpage of Taurus and Orion of Ed Kazmirksi I think isn’t correct either because these are not the planes you produce, also the description for example the Taurus isn’t correct.
Seeing the “officials” do not have any problems with these is alarming and can be the end of the classic pattern history!
These are all reasons I do not tell or show all my information and insert some distortion in pictures when I think it is needed to protect my data.
Because I do duplicate for own use I think I cannot have any problems and even use the name “Wester Taurus” and in the future “Wester Simla” for the time being.
About the Kazmirski’s planes? It is clear there is no need for any investment to create a professional rebuild replica for example in the museums, even there are a lot of pictures now and that again is a shame for such an important part of history and the most important USA modeler in the past.

Cees