RCU Forums - View Single Post - switching to lipos???
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 03:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: switching to lipos???

ORIGINAL: chase1

i run venom 2s and 3s 5000 mah batteries and use the duratrax onyx 235 charger with built in cell balancing. i have not had any problems with either and they sell for a resonable price. just make sure you do not exeed you motor and speed controllers limit with the batts.[img][/img]
huh?
how do you exceed the motor, and speec controller limits?
I run 30C 5200mah batteries on 35 ESC's no issues. The MAH rating and C rating are potential not what it will use. Theoretically you could have a 5000C 500000mah battery hooked to a 35A ESC/motor setup, and it will never pull over what the motor can use. Think of it like your real cars gas tank you fill it upto 10-15 gallons (or whatever capacity it is) and it drives for awhile the engine doesn't just take the whole tank at once.

Personally as for batteries measure your battery compartment and start from there. Lipos come in a variety of sizes and sometimes fitting one up to the battery compartment is a royal PITA. Then figure out how many continuous amps you will need (usually in the motors specs) and start shopping from there.

Chargers I love the turnigy accucell 6's I own 2, and made one of these http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27554 to power it. (best 12V supply I've used in ages)