RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Regulations!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:08 PM
denoferth
My Feedback: (71)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA Regulations!!!

I think at this point the general model aviation population is being kept in the dark. I have read some feel we should behave like sheep and shut our mouths to keep from offending some nameless bureaucrat in the FAA. Personally I feel we should be writing editorials in every media we have access to as well as letters to every one of our representatives and senators. Expose this power grab for what it is. Does nobody see how ludicrous it is for politicians with no comprehension of model operations to be writing rules for toy airplanes? Someone asked how they were going to enforce it. They could do it with big fines and stiff jail sentences when we do something stupid in public or we “offend” someone. I can’t stop wondering if they are planning on adopting a variation of the British system with licenses for classes of models you will be permitted to fly. Of course, being America, we will probably have to pay for the privilege. I wonder many kids that would discourage in the future.

I think public opinion will be on our side if we just make the effort to get the word of this fiasco out. What regulations are they proposing? Frankly even one is too many. What gives some faceless politician the right to tell me how and what model airplanes I can fly? Stand for this and we will lose it all. First they closed the airspace around the Olympics and nobody hollered. They got away with that so then it was big swatches of airspace anytime some politician goes golfing and still we didn’t raise a stink. Now they close it anytime there is a ball game. “National security” seems to be an excuse for anything these days. Let’s stand together this time and see if it can stand the light of day. I think ridicule may be our best weapon. Maybe when the general population gets wind of this plot for the government to regulate toy airplanes it just might change their minds. So I guess it boils down to either watching it unfold and taking our medicine like a good little boy or stepping up the letter writing campaign big time. Your choice.