DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hate gettin ripped off

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

ORIGINAL: Moontan13

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

always use a credit card, not a debit card and shop at reputable vendors
Most debit cards carry the same protection as credit cards, so you can challenge a payment and get your money back.
Best to ask and make sure at your bank though.
the do have the same protection, but while the bank is figuring out it was fraud is the difference

with a debit card, your checking account is drained of the funds until it's straightened out

with a credit card, your cash on hand and bank account is not effected

may seem minor, but wait till the bank's got your entire checking account locked up due to fraud
I rufuse to have ANY credit cards, such a ripoff the interest and fees they charge. So instead I have 2 seperate checking accounts.
I use one for on line purchases only and transfer only enough to cover it. Can't take anything that isn't there and they can't access the other account.

The credit cards I use have no fees or interest as long as I pay the balance off, in full, every month.
Also, I would not be so sure that the accounts cannot be linked or accessed. People willing to operate outside the law can do some very scary things with informwtion and the internet...

IMO, to this point, sloppyG is the only person who has made any sense with his replys.