RCU Forums - View Single Post - First flip suggestions
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: First flip suggestions

ORIGINAL: Callouscade

...throttle curve for idol up is flat line. .....
I know you have a DX6, but why do you have a flat line? On nitro helis, you could be overspeeding the head. Try a "V" shaped curve with about 60% at mid-stick.

.... i haven't gone into idol up on my DX6i yet unless on the sim... even on the sim the pitch curve isn't too good becasue when i kick it on, it jumps down a little. i'm just afraid of turning it on and it jump up or down super fast...
Take a hard look at your pitch curves. They ALL should pass thru 0 (zero) degrees at mid-stick. The easiest way to program them would be to make them all the same, -10 to +10 in all flying modes. That way the heli will never "jump" or "dive" when you move the idle-up switch.

... ready to go except programming. any suggestions on the programming portion of it? and with programming... how can i tell if my head speed is too high or too low?
See the note above. The only real way to be sure your headspeed is correct is to use a head tach. See if you can borrow one from a fellow heli pilot. It can get close by ear, if you know the helicopter / engine combination and how it is supposed to sound.

Rafael