RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 9503 issues
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR 9503 issues

ORIGINAL: Saito_56

I used the mate function and will dig a little deeper into this tomorrow. I might try putting both the left ailerons on one extension, and the right on the other and see what happens. But as of now, they work and appear to be working correctly. Just need some manual adjustments.
Putting the Right Aileron servos on the Aileron channel and the Left Aileron servos on the Aux2 channel is moving in the right direction, but you do not have enough control over each individual servo. The top wing servo and the bottom wing servo need to be matched and that is difficult to do mechanically. You do not want them to fight one another as that will eventually lead to servo damage. I am not sure if you can put all four Aileron servos on separate channels and Slave three of them to the Aileron channel, with the 9503. Sometimes, you run into issues with the Trims not affecting all four servos. This question has been asked before on other threads. Some of the newer radios have 4 Aileron programs included.

I guess mixing the Aileron channel and Aux2, using the Mate Function, has no disadvantages over mixing the Aileron channel and Aux1, using the Flapperon Wing Type. I prefer using the Flapperon Wing Type on aircraft that do not have Flaps.