RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern planes Why do they cost so much
Old 03-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Mike Wiz
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pattern planes Why do they cost so much

In this economic environment I think we would find more people willing to build if they had the skills to do it. If there were a few good videos for building a precision airframe out there I'd tackle one myself. Unfortunately, building Sig 4Star 40 kits and the like, hasn't really taught me the skills needed to properly build something like a pattern plane.

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

So what about plans built models? Is there a list of plans, or anyone know a couple of designs where plans are available for a 2M off the top of there heads.
I know of the Black Magic and a friend has one, but being new to all of this and the dynamic change of the event and the change of available ARF's over the last couple of years makes it too expensive for me to buy one anyway. I can build, though.
I see buying used YS 170's and building balsa models at home as being a good way to go.
Thanks,
Chris...
Jeff Carder will happily give you plans for his Lightning. While not 'easy' to build, it is certainly doable if you have the skills. I'm in the middle of cutting parts out to start building mine.