RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monokote?
Thread: Monokote?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Monokote?

I don't know if it has been brought up before, but something I have learned is, when you go to the hobby store to purchase your Monokote; you need to pop a hole in the end of the tube and smell, if there is an overwhelming strong smell of the Monokote, take it home, it will cover very well. Now if there is no smell, or little smell, you are going to be unhappy with the results. Also if the backing almost falls off, then throw it in the trash can. In my experience; I have found that 6' rolls are much more likely to have problems then the 25' rolls for some reason, in fact I just through away 2ea. 6' rolls of Monokote that a friend gave me at the end of a covering job I was trying to finish. We noticed there was almost no smell, but I decided I would give it a try, after all, I only had my ailerons left to cover, and already bought 5 ea. 25' rolls. I ironed down one bottom and before I could do the top, it began to go to hell, so I took a blade, gave it a slice, peeled it off, and bought one more 25' roll.

Bob