RCU Forums - View Single Post - SisT FW-190 A8 Schwarze 8
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: SisT FW-190 A8 Schwarze 8

ORIGINAL: dvs1

Bob, thanks for the picture, I may do that with mine, still undecided.

Doug, thanks for the video, very cool. Interesting, I wonder why they decided to only utilize a one piece gear door vs. 2 piece.

Invert, I thought I read somewhere they use a Chinese radial that is a copy of a Russian WWII engine for the new 190's? Either way it is a shame they cant use BMW801's.
I'm with you, I would love to have one myself! As soon as I make my first million it will be first on my list
Just go for the inner gear doors! As fast as you build you'll have em finished in a night. I must say too after looking at the pic you posted on your build of the 190 prop by solo, I think I may go that route for myself. Bad thing is with the G62 I could only go with a 22'' prop where I think scale is 24 or 25''
It is very possible they are using some chinese/russian/P&W copy/redesign, whatever you want to call it! lol. Their was a 100% original restored 190 (the first in the world i believe) that had its first test flights back in Nov., Dec. of last year. It was powered by a BMW801.. their is video of it somewhere on the web i'm sure.

Either way, It is definitely on my "short list" of items to buy when i win the lottery (So i guess this is an even better reason to start playing?).
As far as the doors, I'll probably do them. I've been putting them off, as i really hate having to make 2 of the same thing and trying to make them identical.
Full-scale Prop diameter is 3300mm (129.92 inch's) 1/5 scale prop size is just under 26".

I can only swing a 22-10 3-blade with the radial as well (or so is said), but even with the slightly smaller diameter (The wow factor from a scale prop and the planes will keep anyone from noticing it being slightly to small i think) won't be noticed except by the die-hard FW-190 fan's.