RCU Forums - View Single Post - Propeller Torque and Hub Drilling
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Propeller Torque and Hub Drilling

Ok Guys

I just found this thread and spent the last hour reding it, and found it vary intersting and informitive, BUT back a long time ago win I worked for a major aircraft company one of the things that was considered was bolt hole tolerance they had to be a snug push thru fit, a slide thru or slip in was not good and would be rejected. so when I have drilled the center hole in a prop it is all ways fitted as above and then balaanced, 3-9-6 & 12 BTW I am using wood props.

So I am a sport flyer G-38 and 1/5 warbird's G-62's, in 15 years never had a problem with single bolt and full hub size washers, now I have been introduced to a multi 4 bolt hob and will maiden the engine this spring, I have drilled the center hole and the 4 clampng bolt holes to the above tolerance test, and balanced as above. Btw the clamp bolts have been replaced with Grade 8 Amarican made cap screws.

So my question is do I use 40 / 45 inch lbs or 65 and I don't mined safty wiring if that is sugested and needed, new engine is a YD-A-56 via Henry

And thanks for your ansures in advance

cheers Bob t