RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 1.80
Thread: Saito 1.80
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 09:55 PM
mikefuture
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 1.80

The Saito 1.80 is side mounted on a H9 Edge 540. I have installed it with a Slimline pitts muffler. The 24 oz tank right now is in front but I intend to later on move the fuel tank back to the CG and also install a smoke system with the tank on the CG.

I had installed a Perry pump because I wanted to see how the Saito worked with it. Well, I did not have good luck with it. The engine seemed like it was not getting enough fuel at full throttle. I did adjust the pressure screw on the pump for maximum pressure.

So I ripped out the Perry pump and I ordered an Iron Bay reulator. This is not in stock and will be 3 weeks before I get it. The person I spoke with at Iron Bay said that the most common cause of problems with using the regulator is not getting enough muffler pressure and that I may want to put the check valve on the crankcase vent.
I have read here in RCU that people were having problems getting enough tank pressure with the Pitts style mufflers and some were blocking one tube outlet.

Are others having problems with this tye of set up?