RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats the good word for a HP Tempest?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
jjjjjoey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the good word for a HP Tempest?

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

HP/XTM cars are manufactured by Great Vigor Models.

Also a higher capacity NiMh WILL give you more power, presuming your power system is pushing the current battery to its limits.
Is there anyway to know that is happening?

the ESC looks like it may be the same 1 used in the redcat twister pro models. does it say lansu on the esc???

other than that, its all new looking to me.

liking the beafy dogbones.

the included battery is kinda lame, only 2000mah. and for that kinda money it should have come with a 2.4ghz radio.

but other than those 2 points, it looks like a good model for the money. looks tough and like it will handle well.

if you go 2s lipo you will be much more impressed with it. i would imagine that it does 30mph now, but a 2s lipo will do 35ish and be faster accelerating.
From what I can see, I couldn't see anything with Lansu on it. And the battery is weak only bc I know now there are better ones out.
The radio is ok with me. It was funny to watch the others at the track that have an after market radio with a short antenna and me pull out mine that's three feet long.
Hopefully soon I can get that 2s lipo battery, but they're kinda expensive. However, my goal right now is to take it to the track and be able to clear most of the jumps they have. lol