RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ask the Pro's that know
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 AM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ask the Pro's that know

There's 1 item not mentioned here is waterproofing the wood inside the airboat. I use thinned epoxy on the walls, floor in each compartment. I see by the picture where cover lays on top of everything. Best to inlay cover so you have a smooth surface so water can flow right on over.. I know it sounds like a pain in the butt but sure beats buying equipment if you don't need to. Ok, i looked again real hard and answer is where plexiglass ends. Answer to that is to glue another piece of wood where rudder wires come thru. Just glue a piece of wood, not a whole piece , so it is flush at top and down to or close to top of wire. Next, i would cut plex so it ends in the middle of the support piece, then where indented area should be extended all the way to the plexso cover will lay down into indented area and tape the seams. The way it is now , your letting water flow right on in. Not chewing you out but making life alittle easier. Now on mine , i cut ply wide enough and glue under the top so when lid is put on it lays flush. I just do all 4 sides and tape. I've done this for quite awhile but mine are electric as gas motor are taboo!