Thread: BSE .76L
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BSE .76L

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Sounds like a fun application.

Yes, you can run the multi-blade props. I have tried the Zinger 12x6 x 3 on the 76L and it worked well with the Tubro-Jett muffler, and seemed to work ok with the lite muffler too. I have also used the master airscrew 3 blade 12x6. There is NOTHING to be gained in performance it was for a "look cool" application only. But it can work. Key is finding a prop to let the engine run around 10,000 rpm ground peak.

My personal favorite prop for the 76L, with the turbo-jett muffler on it, is a standard blade 14x4. Also partial toward 13x6 Vess. Big prop, lower rpm (around 10,000-11,000). Quiet.... very slow scale performance.

Having said that.......
My old reliable VQ P-51 similar in size to the H9 .40 size, is powered by a SJ-46 combined with a turbo-jett muffler. (photos are posted in a few places in this forum and in a few threads). I run a 12x4 prop on that setup. PLEANTY of power there... and a nice installation.

For your inquiry, the SJ-60L and turbo combination would be AMAZING in this new bird! (not the 60LX, standard version). You may find this better for the P-51 in general. You could try the multi-blade prop, if you select one that will let the engine turn over 13,000 rpm ground peak. The turbo-jett is the key gives you such a broad torque band that the engine accomodates more prop mass/loading.

You can see both the SJ-46 and BSE-76L installations here...
http://www.jettengineering.com/accy/turbo.html