RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet crash at the Nall ?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Shui
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet crash at the Nall ?

Hey guys,

Yep, #2 now for me at the Nall. Here is what happened, I installed a new custom mirrored cockpit (receivers & powerbox royal underneath in stock location). I did range checks and flew with no issues. I flew late Wednesday and did a long slow roll, finished the roll and pulled up but the last input received was my aileron to stop the roll. It luckily went into an opening and scattered into the woods, no fire, unfortunately a total loss. Basically I was 2000' away (guess) looking up the tailpipe, through the motor, full fuel tanks and to top it off the mirror plexiglass cockpit floor over the RX's. I checked one of my 4,000mah lipo's that was still together and it read 8.05v under a load so battery wasn't an issue.

I saw one Spektrum lightning (classic) lockout and go in Thursday and this morning a Skymaster T-45/Hawk go into the woods and fireball (assuming it was DSMX cause of the pilot/owner but not sure).

There were many more lockouts and losses with prop planes that were quite scary.

My Tuono, Turbinator & Ultra Flash flew awesome and I didn't let my crash spoil my trip.