RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Sebart Wind 50E
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 PM
tmark65

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Sebart Wind 50E

ORIGINAL: MD80Driver

Hi Tmark65

I am glad you had a good at the club. Im also using turnigy lipos, so far happy with them. I do not at this stage push hard, only fly for about 6 minutes at a time, with 40% left after the flight.
What do you think of the those, I think it is vortex generators for the wing?
I see you also have an Align 610 servo for rudder, also using it.

Regards
Morne
Morne,

Right now there are 5 WindS 50E in our little club. More or less we are copying the one from the other whatever has to do with Setup, only one friend is flying with the HACKER proposed by Seba Setup.
The rest 4 TURNIGY .....

I have 3 Align 610 for Rudder and Ailerons and two Align 520 for Elevators (I stole them from a friends TREX700 and the 520 from my Trex500)
If I had money at that time, when I bought it, I should have been using the Futaba F3A servos, what I'm using in my Oxalys.
I made the decision to go on a pull pull system since this provides better aerodynamics for the tail.

What SeBA utilises on the wing is a Vortex Device. This is called "Saw Tooth" ("dog tooth").
It was introduced back in the 60's. IL-26 and a F-4E was two types of aircrafts using them to prevent the inboard movement of a vortex on a swept wing.
This prominent feature acts as an aerodynamic fence vortex generator. It ensures vice-free behaviour at high angles of attack and assists efficient cruise.

That's the point, the WindS swept wing !

Tasos