RCU Forums - View Single Post - whats the fastest jet
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 06:36 PM
SigKavalier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the fastest jet

Well if you have 11 G's, but lack fast aircraft experience why not spend a little, and get a prop jet?
There are many that are quite fast just like jets but much cheaper. Then after you figure out if you can handle or not handle them you'll still have gobs left to get a nice jet.

I especially like the Great Planes Patriot after watching one at the local field fly. Gobs of vertical, and super fast especially out of a dive. Besides that after flying a little fast prop plane, a big fast turbine looks much slower.
The guy at the field had a OS .46 rear exhaust on it with a ducted fan piston, and sleeve.

Vertical till you can't see it no more, and high speed passes it went by like a rocket.
Or you could get something like a Shrike or a Diamond Dust. Most speed is a perception thing and the bigger something is the slower it looks.
I'd also recommend taking $200 or so of that, and getting a good simulator. I used mine as a warm-up before going to field no matter what I'm going to fly. Kind of gets that first flight out of the way.