RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byrun Fuel Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Byrun Fuel Anyone?

Yeah, several of our pattern folks had been buying it in bulk like that then spend the afternoon dividing it up into gallon gugs. My instructor, Ron, was always asking me for my empty fuel jugs.. ha..

Lately, though, two of the crowd have gone over to completely electric pattern, even the large 2 meter ships (now that's quite a trip to see these things fly on battery power). Aaaanyway, I believe they have reduced their quantity of glow fuel to cases rather than by the drum as of late.

I don't know what's more expensive. All the support apparatus for electric.. and believe me, they have a bunch of stuff.. Honda generators, high powered power DC power suppies, large copper bar strip charge buss'es, extravagant voltmeter setups, infra-red temperature gauges, and so on. At about $12.50 a gallon, is what I paid last year, for S&W 15%, well, it would take quite a few gallons to come to the cost of just the Honda generator (they like the Honda cuz it's quiet) plus all the other stuff. Anyway, this isn't about electric power, it's about fuel.

I never heard anyone talk about bulk purchases of Byrons, although I would imagine it's available.

Then there is home-brew, which really chops the price.

CGr.