RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beginner's 2nd Plane
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Muffinman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner's 2nd Plane

Hi Dr. W, Actually, I got the Senior on sale, 20% off. I used to like low winged warbirds. Could never get one to fly. Then I tried a Comet Gull, high winged rubber model. It was the first model that would actually fly for me. So I became enthralled with them. I have a Mid* 40 I will start building after the holidays, and that will be #3, followed by a 4*40. I like building, but have to go slow since I continually do something wrong. If I get flying alright next Spring, and work my way through the 4*40 by next Summer, I have a Sig SE Arf to finish, then do a Kit of the SE, for my 2nd SE. I started models when I was about 4 years old during WWII with cereal box war birds with a penny in the nose for balance, twirling them on a string. I've crashed more models than I can remember, but I finally have an LT-40 that will fly, if I can learn to fly it. My favorite lhs was closing it doors, so I bought the Senior really to help the owner get rid of his inventory. It's really too big for my car, but since the wings can stay two piece, I should be able to stuff it in someway.