RCU Forums - View Single Post - power hd ds-8312 any good?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 PM
rotccapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power hd ds-8312 any good?

hi all i have a question for you. i bought a couple of these servos planning on using them for my elevators on my 100cc plane (one per half). i was curious if anyone has used this servo and what your opinion is of it? the specs are very nice, it is a coreless digital servo, metal gear, double ball bearing, 180oz-in at 6 volts and .10 sec/60 degrees at 6 volts.

my only thing is that i had one of the servos fail on the bench and i am trying to figure out if it was a fluke or not. i did solder a 3 foot extension to the servo before it failed but i do not feel that this is what caused the malfunction because A) the servo worked after the mod and B) when i power on the RX i hear the servo energize but i get nothing from it after words and the servo arm can be moved with power applied to the servo. also on a side note the other servo also received the same mod and is working perfectly.

so has anyone used this servo? and if so what are your opinions of it? as of right now i dont think i can trust the other servo since i have a 50% fail rate as i sit right now.

thanks for your time and help i will be sending the servo back to the company that i bought it from to have it analyzed