RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC multihulls?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
tricat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC multihulls?

Hi pitch pole It's me again Tricat. Re the winch that I use,It is a Hitec HS-765 HB Arm winch. on the 1m multi.It can handle a swingrig 970 sq. ins of sail where the main is low aspect ratio sail with a massive mainsail, in winds around 12mph easily,it has not let me down and get around 2hrs of sailing before a battery change. As an ex dingy sailer I find that it can be used to flick the sail over to the opposite tack when jibing,its speed of response is good and the price was around £25 - £30 and was bought at the local model shop.Considering the strain the large mainsail puts on it I think it should be OK.The sheeting is very simple indeed needing 1 pully and u shaped deck tube the sheet from the winch has the pulley on the end.the main sheet comes from the boom
to the sheeting post through the eye round the pulley then tide off on the sheeting post.Sail ajustment is on the boom.The arm supplied with the winch will need to be shortened to around 2.25".
I used this method and type of winch when I raced a DC95 1m monohull,It never let me down.Hoping this gives you an idea of what can be used in the way of winches
regards Tricat