RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** Warbirds Over Texas 2011. RCU Onsite Coverage ***
Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
TxCombatGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *** Warbirds Over Texas 2011. RCU Onsite Coverage ***

Thanks for the great coverage Ken! We hope that all of the folks who came out to the inaugural Warbirds Over Texas had a good time this weekend at the North Dallas RC Club. I met a lot of wonderful people, saw some awesome flying and a lot of amazing airplanes! A lot of planning went into the event, and a dedicated team of volunteers has made this event possible.

I am in love with the Moki radials ... several were flown on a Wildcat (Butch O'Hare's scheme ... brilliant work on the weathering), and F4U-5N Corsair nightfighter and on a Stearman. They sound totally awesome and realistic.

We had a huge raffle thanks to our sponsors, and lots of pilots walked away very happy. Terry also procured some fabulous mahogony trophy planes for the winners of WW-I, WW-II, Postwar, Jet, Helicopter, Bomber, Multi-engine and Pilot's Choice awards.

Tomorrow wraps up the show, and we wish all of our visitors and helpers many, many thanks for attending, and hope you have a safe trip home!

Ed Kettler
CD