RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build
Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build

ORIGINAL: 1/2 time show

ORIGINAL: hyrumflyer84

While I understand the desire to load the crap out of the wing to see if it will break ,, I have to say I have one of these Tomcats and I understand that it is what it is. A heavy replica of a heavy warbird. Its not a 3D machine or even a pattern ship. If you are looking for an every day flyer this aint it! I am gonna stick to a very scale flying style , I dont think alot of yanking and banking is gonna do this bird any good . Save the high Gs for a flash or a bandit. In my personal opinion and from building this bad boy if you treat the plane respectfully and sympathetic to the airframe you shouldnt have a problem.
I visited with Shulman after he flew one at the best of the west last year and he basically said it was not the easiest to fly plane. But HOLY COW it was cool!
Verry well said! I agree
Completely wrong ! Do you realize how little 6G is? A smooth scale aerobatic maneuver in turbulence will bring you over 6G on a jet model.
Any smooth scale flight will exceed this value unless you only fly landing circuits at 100 mph.

Additionally this is not a matter of agreeing or not here: it is a REGULATIONS matter.
Go and say to the AMA that your LTMA-1 model will have a wing failure at 6 G and wait to see what the inspector is going to tell you...

In most countries of the Europe, an aerostructure like is not legal to fly because you have to demonstrate a reasonable flight envelope.
Our German friends did not do this wing loading test for the sake of it: it was legally required to demonstrate +8/-4G. This is a very reasonable value BTW. I pull 40G from my Phoenix in hardcore maneuvers like full speed snap rolls ( recorded on the Jetcat GPS ).

Once again I reviewed Reza's F-14 when he received it and sent a complete audit report to FEJ about this plane a year ago. They obviously did not do anything but put it in the bin, as usual.
The wing clearly failed at the pivot junction point. An I beam structure will not change anything on that matter since the spar is strong enough for the job as it is made by FEJ. A complete redesign of the wing pivot system with a proper in wing carbon junction box will be required here. I discussed the matter many times with Invermast and his F-14 will be up to this task.