RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build
Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 AM
rwwinter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build

The maximum load applied to my wings was 65kg. 2*25kg (white sand bags) and 15kg total in the grey ones.

Having now finished the reinforcement and repair I built a jig to test the wings indepently from the fuselage. Ijust applied 90 kg to each wing. NO failure now .

This evening we will do the complete test (wings and fuselage)again. Cross you fingers... I will post a new video thereafter.

Concerning the tests I need to do with the plane to get the German certification here a short summary:

Static tests:
Wings up to +8 -4g (maximum assumed lift of the fuselage accepted by the authorities is 30%) meaning 90kg on each wing for +8g
Tailerons (15kg)
Rudder (9kg)
Swing wing system must be fully functional with 4g load applied

In addition all movable surfaces have to be load tested to simulate gust and maneuvre loads.

Flight test::
Plane must be flown the complete flight envelope including
ALL aerobatic maneuvers intended to fly.
One engine out (simulated)
Full power 10° dive
Stall

Flutter may not occure during the complete test.

A flight manual including wiring diagrams, load calculation,emergency procedures etc. etc. must be written.

Concerning the limitation we have a wider enevelope. There is just one class of rc models whichcan be certified in Germany. The weight is 25kg up to 150kg. Maximum speed in uncontrolled airspace is 250kts.

What I would like to say is that FEJ CAN'T build planes to meet all requirements in the wolrd. They simply can't know them. BUT a wing should hold more than 6g and the connection of the swing wing pivot to the otherwise fine built wing is horribly bad.

Just imagine such a bird would crash into a crowd of spectators with a broken wing [X(]

Rudi