RCU Forums - View Single Post - HE-162 Group Build
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: HE-162 Group Build

Well, i wasn't expecting THAT large of a discrepancy on the turbine hump. That is gonna be a lengthy redesign of that area since the wing needs to be moved as well. I may just build the plans "as-is" as i'm not looking to compete with this model, and It looks like it may become a very tight fit for a dynamax fan to fit in the correctly sized hump. If that is the case, i'd rather it be slightly larger and have 100% inlet FSA and great performance, than a scale hump and less performance, b/c i fly off grass and need as much help as i can get. lol

As far as the wing skins, i'm inclined to go with a fiberglass and balsa skin, but I am not set in that decision completely. The only reason for not mentioning it before, is i have read on some others build threads, where they had difficulty getting the stuff to adhere to the structure they were putting it on. Some even said that it peeled cleanly away from the glue joint leaving a nice shiny surface on the glue. Again, I to have no experience using the stuff in a large scale like a wing panel, so i'm not sure if they had a prep. issue or not.

Shindin main struts w/ the CJM nose strut and who-ever else mechanics sounds like a good plan.