RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airtronics Servos to Futaba FASST Rx
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 AM
jstrach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Servos to Futaba FASST Rx

Good morning everyone. I'm attempting to convert my 20 yr old GPSportster 40 over to my Futaba 7Cradio. The old Airtronics Rx and servos with Sanwa connectors are currently in the plane, but my new R617FS Futaba Rx is 10g whereas the old Airtronics Rx is 41g (1/4 the weight) PLUSit's 2.4 so that's favorable as well... BUT,here's something I've never had to deal with before... the connector on the old Airtronics servos do not work with the new Rx. I'm assuming the three wires are in different order (i.e. Airtronics S3004 have a red wire at pin #3 whereas the Futaba should be pin #2 - I think).

Anyone have to deal with this?(Obviously some people have... that's why I'm writing in the forum!) Can you offer some instruction or advice? I also notice these old Sanwa connectors are too "thick" and I guess I need to order some Futaba plugs to convert the servos otherwise they don't fit in the Rx. I reckon' Tower Hobbies sells these connectors? I'll go look while waiting for some feedback on this thread...

Thanks in advance for the words of advice....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71943.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1624408