RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

This engine problem is pretty consistent. I fully agree that either needle should only be adjusted by very small amounts once you are nearly tuned. I pressurized the fuel tank to see if gas leaked from there or from any tubing or any connection point. All looks good there.
I find that the engine does not want to restart ONLY IF it dies while at idle. Once that happens it doesn't matter whether I try to restart with the choke on or with it off. It won't restart by hand flipping or by holding an electric starter on it for 5 full seconds. If I shut the engine off using either the trim button on the radio or by turning off the ignition battery the engine will restart. By chance I found the only way to get it started again is by removing the plug and letting everything air dry for 3 or 4 minutes. Plug gap was rechecked and is at .020. Plug comes out and looks damp but not to the point where fuel drips off of it. The cylinder head will sometimes drip out a drop or two if held with the hole pointing down and flipping the prop.

I asked if anyone thought there may be an ignition module issue and no one addressed that. I'm thinking that if the plug gets damp, it might not fire the mixture if the module is not providing a sufficient spark to the plug. Again, the whole problem is restarting when the engine dies on its own while at idle position. Otherwise, it runs fine.