RCU Forums - View Single Post - Took my money and din't fix my rc
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Took my money and din't fix my rc

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Took my rc up to the local hobby shop figuring that they would fix it, since is specifically showed them what was wrong with it right? Wrong! The retard at the shop changed my spur gear and changed my slipper pads, I didn't realize this till I got home, and saw that the trans was still slipping. Oh yeah, and he also didn't actually screw any of the screws into the trans. Thanks lhs you took 35$ of my money and didn't fix my rc. I thought that I could trust my hobby shop with problems that I didn't feel like fixing...... guess not :/
I find a fair amount of hobby shop workers are clueless. The 1st shop I went to the guy had no idea at all on nitros (as I learned later), and was telling me stuff that if I followed would have destroyed my engine...
Glad I figured something sounded off, and looked it up here.
2nd hobby shop when I 1st started had honest, and knowledgeable, and friendly people. But now they changed the layout, and with that IMO lowered their quality. Its pretty much now they try and get you out of the shop ASAP where before people would stand around and talk. Which IMO was better cause I know a few times after standing around I walked out of there with 2-3X more spent than planned cause I would keep glancing at a RC, and every time I glanced it started looking like a better idea till I'd buy it (saw that with a few other people)
They also stopped stocking as much, and IMO seeing I have to blow like $15 in gas to go there I can just order online if they are going to treat me like that, and skip taxes.