Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Took my money and din't fix my rc

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:12 PM
rc awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my money and din't fix my rc

Took my rc up to the local hobby shop figuring that they would fix it, since is specifically showed them what was wrong with it right? Wrong! The retard at the shop changed my spur gear and changed my slipper pads, I didn't realize this till I got home, and saw that the trans was still slipping. Oh yeah, and he also didn't actually screw any of the screws into the trans. Thanks lhs you took 35$ of my money and didn't fix my rc. I thought that I could trust my hobby shop with problems that I didn't feel like fixing...... guess not :/
Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Took my money and din't fix my rc

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Took my rc up to the local hobby shop figuring that they would fix it, since is specifically showed them what was wrong with it right? Wrong! The retard at the shop changed my spur gear and changed my slipper pads, I didn't realize this till I got home, and saw that the trans was still slipping. Oh yeah, and he also didn't actually screw any of the screws into the trans. Thanks lhs you took 35$ of my money and didn't fix my rc. I thought that I could trust my hobby shop with problems that I didn't feel like fixing...... guess not :/
I find a fair amount of hobby shop workers are clueless. The 1st shop I went to the guy had no idea at all on nitros (as I learned later), and was telling me stuff that if I followed would have destroyed my engine...
Glad I figured something sounded off, and looked it up here.
2nd hobby shop when I 1st started had honest, and knowledgeable, and friendly people. But now they changed the layout, and with that IMO lowered their quality. Its pretty much now they try and get you out of the shop ASAP where before people would stand around and talk. Which IMO was better cause I know a few times after standing around I walked out of there with 2-3X more spent than planned cause I would keep glancing at a RC, and every time I glanced it started looking like a better idea till I'd buy it (saw that with a few other people)
They also stopped stocking as much, and IMO seeing I have to blow like $15 in gas to go there I can just order online if they are going to treat me like that, and skip taxes.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:59 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go back there and DEMAND a refund. Ask to see the manager, tell him that you paid one of his employees to do something, and he failed doing it. When he asks to take the car and work on it again, say you are taking it to another hobby shop, and you will file a complaint with the BBB if you do not get refunded.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 AM
lee172

So what is creating a thread going to do to solve your problem? Nothing.

My advice: quit b!tching on here and politely ask for a refund, if he asks why then tell him why your unhappy. Job done.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM
tommygun32

I read the part about you not having the time to fix it yourself and actually showing the 'technician' what the problem was. That tells me you know what you're doing and could have fixed it yourself...[&:]

May I ask what the original problem was?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best off fixing it yourself.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

I thought that I could trust my hobby shop with problems that I didn't feel like fixing...... guess not :/
how about you stop being lazy and fix your own problems then you'll have nothing to ***** about.

stupid hurts and lazys expensive welcome to reality
Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM
redfisher1974

Good advice dude,
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
mechanizeddeath

I can understand taking a 1:1 car to a mechanic to have it repaired, modern automobiles can be very complicated and most people only have one car that they need for work and/or school, so letting it sit for weeks while you figure out the problem isn't going to happen. But with an RC, there's really no point in taking it to the LHS for repair and yet when I am standing around in my LHS shooting the breeze with other RC guys, we see tons of people come in and drop off their car for repair.

I guess one could say that time is money and they feel they don't have the time and would rather pay to have it done, but these aren't usually hard to fix problems... Most of the time it's a broken suspension arm or a burned up motor, and we all know how long those take to replace: minutes at most, and mere seconds on some cars.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

I can understand taking a 1:1 car to a mechanic to have it repaired, modern automobiles can be very complicated and most people only have one car that they need for work and/or school, so letting it sit for weeks while you figure out the problem isn't going to happen. But with an RC, there's really no point in taking it to the LHS for repair and yet when I am standing around in my LHS shooting the breeze with other RC guys, we see tons of people come in and drop off their car for repair.

I guess one could say that time is money and they feel they don't have the time and would rather pay to have it done, but these aren't usually hard to fix problems... Most of the time it's a broken suspension arm or a burned up motor, and we all know how long those take to replace: minutes at most, and mere seconds on some cars.

I've seen guys while diggin through the parts bin bring their RC's in cause they were "broken" back then they had an honest clerk working that wouldn't charge for simple repairs (he's long gone ) he would solder batteries for free(even if the battery wasn't bought there, now its $20...), and help you replace arms, and simple parts for free. Best one I saw was a guy saying his radio was busted, and he needed a new one(picked up a $150 radio). His Reverse switch was flipped, the clerk flipped it, took the radio put it back on the shelf, and was like now go home and really break it... The guys they got now probably would have sold him the radio, and charged for its installation. Shame how they went and got rid of the honest employees I don't go there nearly as much as I used to since their new philosophy went into action(like I said in my last post). Funny thing is they had way more business back then when they were allowed to treat the customers nicely, than what I seen now.

I also saw RC's with broken arms sitting there on the shelf, and that the only issue.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:51 PM
mechanizeddeath

Believe it or not I've also seen the reverse switch flip, and on more than one occasion. Was running a car in public once and a guy told me he got one from someone for cheap because it was turning the wrong way and thus hard to drive. I told him to flip that switch and it would work just fine after that.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:35 PM
rc awesome

I fix small engines for some extra cash. I was busy enough, and I didn`t feel like fixing it. What the hell is wrong with taking your RC to the hobby shop? I`m going to get a refund and take it to another hobby shop, hopefully one that can fix it right. i don`t think i`m exactly lazy eather, I help my father with his landscaping company to.

btw the problem with it is it keeps poping out of gear.