RCU Forums - View Single Post - 12' Telemaster- gonna need help
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 12' Telemaster- gonna need help

Just one thing, Jeff. IIRC, you listed wanting to use less than 100 inch/ounces of torque servos on each elevator half, yet you listed the ailerons as using nearly double the amount of torque per servo than the elevator halves. Frankly, this is just backwards, for normal flying models. The ailerons aren't that large on the 12' Telemaster, but powerful servos are okay. Better too powerful than not powerful enough. The elevator halves on this monster should be 130 ounce/inches or larger.

The DLE 55 is a good engine. I'm a former Zenoah flyer (still have a Cunningham 26cc Lite version), but have switched over to battery ignition Chinese el cheapo engines. I don't fly 3D, so absolute reliability down close to the ground is not a factor for me. If the DLE hits the ground too hard to repair, and it happens, as you probably know, I'm not out of a forture. I just buy another box-o-bullets and reload.

I love Dubro and Robart Hinges. Their largest work for me. If you want to keep your control surfaces on your model, mass balance each and every one. A friend of mine utilizes this philosophy and has not lost a control surface that I know of. You would not believe the incredible high speed maneuvers he puts his models through. If it will keep the little high speed models in one piece, it surely can't hurt on a 12' Telemaster. Please keep posting your progress.

Ed Cregger