RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC multihulls?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 AM
tricat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC multihulls?

Hi Pitch Pole,The testing went well showing a very good turn of speed,they acted well when pressed hard.It released the drive force wasted
on trying to drive a blunt nosed lee float.This showed up as not cocking the stern up in gusts,and lifting the nose up a little.The bad news is that today I tripped over a rug and landed on top of the them whilst strengthing the attachment points on them.[&o]One was wrecked altogether,the other was bent sideways,being of depron foam it was rendered useless dash and bother I saidGood job they were not fitted to the centre hull at the time.I will make some more when I get more material.
Flower power sail battens,on the 65m I use 1/4 inch wide strapping tape from parcels if I can get it.I also use 1/2 inch wide strapping that comes from fridge packing for the gaff batten.They have a weave pattern on some others are plain.Contact adhesive seems best as I have lost some battens if they get submersed when using double sided sail seam tape,though I think that it is the batten material rather than the tape
because some do stick ok,but others do not,which is which I don't know.The other batten material is the very thin carbon fibre rod sold for indoor model aircraft,but this is best in batten pockets put in in the sail making panels.
thats about all for now.
Regards Tricat