RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth
Old 07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redesign and reconstruction of the Oldest Taurus on Earth

Gents,

Flight report, flight 8, 9 and 10 on 12 July 2011.

First flight of the day as expected, landing with dead stick on idle, so low needle a half turn more open, after that no dead sticks anymore in flight 9 and 10 and a reliable idle also on very low revolutions per minute.
Nitro content of the fuel 5 percent, glow plug ENYA 3 engine Webra Blackhead 6,5 ccm.

Flight 9, check differential of the ailerons flying rolls and that was far too much, see the picture 1. It’s nearly impossible to keep the flight level so I did have to abort the attempts.
The angle of the levers is about 34 degrees from vertical (see black dotted line).
Main reason of this large angle is the forward position of the pushrod pivot in the nylon blocks. I will reduce the angle with 50 percent to about 17 degrees, see the yellow indication. The picture will help me to have control over this adjustment. Travel “up” of the ailerons is now about 7 mm and “down” 5 mm. The Top Flite values are, 5/16, 8 mm up and ¼, 6,35 mm down so less difference.
Flight 10, spin (or “vrille”) did go very, very well. Idle, full up and rudder.

I still have to adjust the throws of the elevator with observing the dimension of the looping but the spin was already convincing and easy controllable also to stop with the stick in neutral position. The CG already is on the nearly right position.

The “model in flight” pictures are made after the test period in flight 10 by a colleague member of the club. Also the “modelers in action” picture.
More to come

Cees
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59471.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1634412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62882.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1634413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69143.jpg