RCU Forums - View Single Post - (breatherless) new OS 4-strokes
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:51 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: (breatherless) new OS 4-strokes

ORIGINAL: tryingagain

OK Ed I have to ask. If the 55 is so ugly, why did you end up with 2 of them?
One thing I have noticed on RCU is the number of guys willing to do whatever they can for another enthusiast. I am sure there are a couple of us out here who would love to alleviate your eyestrain and take an engine off your hands. I am sure they would even pay the shipping!
Seriously though find a plane where you can hide it under a cowl, if you have to, and enjoy it.
I have never used the 55 but I have two 46AX and a 35AX and I love them!
It is disappointing when a product we have grown to trust and love starts to come out with corners cut and the product cheapened. For my money OS is still one of the better investments out there. I am not trying to denegrate any other manufacturer by the way. I think all of the companies have there lemon and they all have there jewels too.
I am shopping for a four stroke for my Astro Hog and OS is at the top of my list.
Here is hoping for many more good years for them.

Cheers

Gord

Hi, Gord.

I always kid around about how ugly my Saito engines are too, but I still have all of them.

I'm sure that there was a story behind why I have two NIB OS .55AX engines, but I can't remember it. I must have had a twin engine model in mind. Wouldn't you guess?

Ed Cregger