RCU Forums - View Single Post - Axial XR10
Thread: Axial XR10
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Mysterious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Axial XR10

@T9 - I'm debating buying one cause I think I might enjoy it for a summer/winter hobby to monkey with on non-race days at my local track.... a guy I know from the airplane club is debating too, if he gets then I'd have a friend to buddy w/ aside from a couple in the car club who have but rarely crawl.. I've not found used for sale, where did you see them?

@Dogman... I debated on the Losi nightcrawler but me and the aforementioned guy are similar in thought... if you're gonna dump $300+taxes to get a decent RTR why not spend a couple more hundred (if you can) to get a much more capable crawler even at a budget setup.... I know myself, if I got something like the nightcrawler and found there was stuff I could be tackling with the XR10 because its a bit more agile I'd be irritated. I bought a Savage Flux and have not regretted it... I just bought a Ten-T I'm converting to electric (which doubled the cost) but screw it, I'd rather spend more to get exactly what I want.

So as far as this crawler budget, here's my thought.... never crawled, know zero about what electronics are needed nor what parts are considered budget, intermediate and high end... I have no idea what usually "breaks" through general usage... the crawler crowd locally is minimal as far as I can tell thusfar so I'll just be crawling for fun/pleasure, at best against some buddies.... and I general buy quality with the thought I'll be owning it for 5-10 years (spreading out the investment cost)...

Given the above, if I decide to take the leap, I'd like at worst to know a decent budget setup cost with a comparitive option and hope of getting a "good quality" intermediate setup built to last... I don't think the high-end competition setup is in my range price wise presently nor need wise......

Anyone get some parts lists suggestions so price out a budget vs intermediate setup on a XR10?