RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foamys ? What is a good model to start out with?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foamys ? What is a good model to start out with?

I feel awful that I don't know much about foamy's.

I've been looking for a model or models that I could fly in an Elementary School's gym. Ihave 15 years of flight experience with normal 40 size to 60 size models. Eagle 2, Super Chipmunk, Stinger 60, Hog Bipe, U Can Do 3D, And the Zlin 526. My problem is, Iwant a plane that flies kinda slow, and yet is aerobatic enough to practice maneuvers over the winter..

I was at the Hobby shop, and explained to manager, what I'm looking for. He felt that Icould handle Ultra Micro F4U Corsair RTF by ParkZone. So Ibought it. However with no experience, Ihave no idea what the plane will feel like. Today I went outside and crashed it. (too windy Iguess) It only seemed to have torn the one wing. Iused foam safe thin CA to glue that back together. After viewing some videos on youtube, I'm not convinced this is the right model for what I need to do.

I was looking at models like:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LW4750&P=E

But I don't know enough about electric motors, and radio setups for these small birds.