RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop Suggestion for OS .46 AX on an Extra 300S
Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM
invertedthoughts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop Suggestion for OS .46 AX on an Extra 300S

Yes Gray Beard, McCool Airfield it is! <br/><br/><br/>I pulled the baffle and opened it all the way up with a dremel and put it back in (the muffler needed the flange to fit right) I put a larger diameter exhaust rubber extension thingy on the stinger replacing the smaller one that I had on there, and I also drilled out the stinger to 1/4". WOW!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! My friend tached it and picked up 400-500 RPM just by those 3 modifications alone. <br/><br/>I flew the plane with the 11X6 with these free mods (I had the extension in a box) and I can't believe how much these things woke this motor up, it now pulls like crazy where before it just seemed to be plugged up.<br/><br/><br/>I did order a 12X4 APC from a new hobby shop right by my house called 5 Star Hobbies. The guy who owns it is really cool and is just getting started, go check him out if you get a chance. He's at Rancho and Craig. <br/>

Ialso was flying knife edge and doing some cool maneuvars when it stalled and went into a bad spin, 3 full rotations before Icould pull it out with only about 10 feet from terra firma. Ihave since added 3/4 oz. of weight to the nose and lateral balance is spot on.